Location: North Country School District
Children receiving support through intervention or Individualized Education Plans require specialized instruction. This means techniques for assessment and instruction that is different from the classroom. Learning specialists have many choices to support reading intervention, but far fewer for mathematics. Specialized Math Instruction is a one-day workshop whose goal is to address just this deficit.
In this workshop educators will learn how to:
• use the High Leverage Concepts to plan instruction and write IEP goals;
• analyze error patterns and distinguish them from “mistakes”;
• conduct Collaborative Study to support learners by better understanding their thinking
• use Math Menu to plan appropriate instruction for students;
• plan for clinical interviews to support IEP evaluations
Cost is free, but space is limited so all participants must register.